Saturday, August 22, 2015

Top 25 Albums of the 2010s So Far

Where does Kanye West fit in all of this?

Here are my favorite albums of the first half (2010-2014) of the decade. The order is all over the place, but I've finally stepped away and "finished" the list.  Note: My #3 and #5 picks are my new #1 albums from their respective years, so I've updated - and expanded - the 2012, 2013, and 2014 SoundSpec Awards. (Also, I'm working on a 2011 ballot, which should be posted soon.)

25. Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend

Stream tracks here and here.

24. Ceremonials - Florence and the Machine

Stream tracks here and here.

23. True Romance - Charli XCX

Stream album here.

22. Bad As Me - Tom Waits

Stream album here.

21. Tough Love - Jessie Ware

Stream tracks here and here.

20. Heartthrob - Tegan and Sara

Stream tracks here and here.

19. The Idler Wheel… - Fiona Apple

Stream album here.

18. Random Access Memories - Daft Punk

Stream tracks here and here.

17. Yeezus - Kanye West

Stream tracks here and here.

16. No Blues - Los Campesinos!

Stream album here.

15. Treats - Sleigh Bells

Stream album here.

14. St. Vincent - St. Vincent

Stream album here.

13. Northern Council - College

Stream album here.

12. W H O K I L L - tUnE-yArDs

Stream tracks here and here.

11. + - Ed Sheeran

Stream tracks here and here.

10. Le Voyage Dans La Lune - Air

Stream tracks here and here.

9. Nostalgia, Ultra - Frank Ocean

Stream tracks here and here.

8. Body Talk - Robyn

Stream tracks here and here.

7. Computers and Blues - The Streets

Stream album here.

6. Lights - Ellie Goulding

Stream tracks here and here.

5. The Electric Lady - Janelle MonĂ¡e

Stream tracks here and here.

4. Trouble in Paradise - La Roux

Stream tracks here and here.

3. Devotion - Jessie Ware

Stream tracks here and here.

2. LP1 - FKA twigs

Stream tracks here and here.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West

Stream album here.

8 comments:

  1. Nice, varied list. The only album I was really looking for that I didn't see was Pure Heroine by Lorde. Good stuff, overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendell. Pure Heroine was one of the many albums that made my longlist.

      Delete
  2. Nice picks! I love seeing Sleigh Bells here. That Crown on the Ground track they used for The Bling Ring was SO perfect for that film.

    I'm so bad with buying full albums, I'm not sure I could put together a list like this myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sleigh Bells are awesome!

      Haha, you should do a songs list then. ;)

      Delete
  3. You have some excellent choices here. Apple, West, Waits are on my albums of the decade too. Dark Fantasy is a monster of an album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My picks are all over the place, so I'm glad to see Apple, West, and Waits are on your list, too. Dark Fantasy is amazing. It easily tops my list.

      Delete
  4. Lots of good stuff here! RAM by Daft Punk and Tough Love by Jessie Ware still hold up for me, while St. Vincent and the Fiona Apple album have dropped down a bit on my lists.
    Nice to see love for the under-appreciated track This Love (Will Be Your Downfall) by Ellie Goulding, I love that track too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! Speaking of Tough Love, I rediscovered Devotion, and it dwarfs Ware's second album, even if I love both. Oh, "This Love (Will Be Your Downfall)" is my second favorite song from that album. I love every track on the U.S. version, though. It's one of my favorite pop albums, period.

      Delete