Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 25 Albums of 2015

Jamie xx's In Colour was one of my favorites.

At long last, here are my favorite albums from last year. If you missed them, you can also check out my favorite songs list and 2015 SoundSpec Awards.

25. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Florence and the Machine

24. The Balcony - Catfish and the Bottlemen

23. Cry Baby - Melanie Martinez

22. The Magic Whip - Blur

21. Every Open Eye - CHVRCHES

20. Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz - Miley Cyrus

19. In Colour - Jamie xx

18. M3LL155X - FKA twigs

17. Glitch - V V Brown

16. Terrible Thrills, Vol. 2 - Bleachers

15. Didn’t He Ramble - Glen Hansard

14. How to Die in the North - BC Camplight

13. Ibeyi - Ibeyi

12. another eternity - Purity Ring

11. Currents - Tame Impala

10. Lucid Dreaming - Say Lou Lou

9. Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens

8. My Garden - Kat Dahlia

7. Delirium - Ellie Goulding

6. Cranekiss - Tamaryn

5. Blurryface - twenty one pilots

4. Vulnicura - Björk

3. E•MO•TION - Carly Rae Jepsen

2. Ten Love Songs - Susanne Sundfør

1. To Pimp a Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar

8 comments:

  1. 4 of my 5 top albums are here :-D

    You really need to listen to Confident again :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list. Glad to see Kendrick and Carly Rae Jepsen ranked high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Glad to see the love for Kendrick Lamar. It is an amazing album. My one small disagreement on it is that I think The Blacker the Berry is a better (and more poignant) song that King Kunta. Great post. I need check out a bunch of the others you have listed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Blacker the Berry is a brilliant track, but there are several on the album I could list.

      Delete
  4. We have the same #1! Glad you were won over by Currents, that album by Tame Impala got better the more I played it and is right now my #2 album of 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yeah, I forgot how much I love Currents, but I couldn't even find room to nominate it for a SoundSpec. :(

      Delete